Form A Medical Missionaries Chapter
A Medical Missionaries Chapter is a group
of individuals who work to support the mission and efforts of Medical Missionaries. Chapters spread the
word about Medical Missionaries, raise funds to support our work, and expand the Medical Missionaries volunteer force.
Medical Missionaries Chapters help support the work of Medical Missionaries in several ways:
- Learn the story of Medical Missionaries
(who we are, how we started, where we work, who we serve, what it costs to serve them, how volunteers fit in), and keep abreast
of our activities
- Hold information
meetings to inform others about the work of Medical Missionaries
- Organize volunteer groups to join with others in helping the poor in the United States and other parts of the world
- Raise funds to support the work of Medical Missionaries
and specific projects such as nutrition programs for the malnourished, latrine building, and water filtration systems to overcome
the health effects of contaminated water
of how Chapters raise funds include:
are encouraged to hold fundraising events that are most appropriate for the composition of the Chapter.
See how some of the Chapters have chosen to respond to this challenge.
- Car washers (high school Chapter)
- Dress-down day fees (high school Chapter)
- Clothes, shoes, and flip-flop collection (community group Chapter)
- Soap and washcloth
collection (elementary school Chapter)
- School supplies collection (elementary school Chapter)
- Toothpase and toothbrush collection (elementary school Chapter)
- Cash collections during
Advent and Lent (church Chapter)
There are four steps to forming a
Medical Missionaries Chapter:
- Organize a group of individuals who are interested in helping the poorest of the poor in many parts of the world.
- Invite a Medical Missionaries speaker to address
the group and describe the work of Medical Missionaries.
- Submit an Application for Chapter Membership to Medical Missionaries.
- Make a commitment to abide by the Medical Missionaries Chapter Guidelines.
Download the Medical Missionaries Chapter Application Here